POLICY FOR ADMINISTRATION OF THE MEMBER OF THE YEAR AWARD; APPROVED & ISSUED 20-11-14
Through the utilization of this award the Probus Club of Oakville will be able to encourage and reward noteworthy service to the club from outstanding members.
ADMINISTRATION OF THE POLICY:
The Management Committee (MC) shall have overall responsibility for the management of the programme. The MC shall delegate the administration of the programme to the Nominating Committee (NC). The Award to be conferred on a periodic basis but in no event more frequently than once a year and only if there is a noteworthy candidate.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
- The successful Nominee shall be a current member in good standing of the club and score at least 15 of a possible 18 points.
- Nominee have been an active member of the club for at least 5 years. (3pts.)
- Nominee to have participated in a praiseworthy fashion in club activities such as working on a committee or serving as an officer of the club during the year.(1-5pts)
- Nominee to have set an example of service and leadership through recruiting new members or being the primary individual for facilitating new initiatives that have materially benefitted the club during the year.(1-5pts)
- Nominee shall have made a significant contribution to the betterment of the club’s operations on a multi-year basis. (1-5pts)
- Once a year the Chair of the NC, or alternate from the NC if the Chair is not available, shall address the June General Meeting to explain the nomination process and to invite members to submit CONFIDENTIAL nominations to the Chair of the NC for consideration for the Member of the Year Award (MYA).
- At the July meeting Chair of NC or alternate will review process in general for the members outlining the process so far, the number of nominations and process to follow. Chair of NC to officially close the nominations for the year.
- After the members of the NC have reviewed and scored, in accordance with the policy, the nominations submitted by the membership, the Chair of the NC or alternate will submit or decline to submit a recommended nominee to the August MC meeting for ratification.
- The successful honoree is presented with the MYA at the September President’s Reception.
The outgoing President for the past year to present the award. The NC to arrange for the production of a keepsake memento to be presented to the honoree. Memento to be tastefully produced and have inscribed the Probus crest, the honoree’s name and the inscription to read – IN RECOGNITION OF OUTSTANDING SERVICE TO THE PROBUS CLUB OF OAKVILLE DURING (YEAR OF AWARD)
Budget to be determined by the M.C. but in no event to be more than $200.
POLICY FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE LIFE MEMBERSHIP AWARD: Approved & Issued: 20-11-14
To recognize extraordinary service by a long serving member whose contributions over time have consistently made a significant improvement in the club’s activities, the quality of fellowship and the intellectual experience of the membership.
ADMINISTRATION OF POLICY:
The Management Committee (MC) shall have the overall responsibility for management of the programme. The MC shall delegate the administration of the programme to the Nominating Committee (NC).
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
- The successful nominee shall be a current member in good standing of the club and score at least 20 of a possible 25 points to be awarded a Life Membership.
- The nominee shall have been an active member of the club for at least 15 years. (5pts)
- The nominee shall have been a significant contributor to the work of the club for at least 5 years. (1-5pts)
- Nominee shall have served as President in a worthy fashion. (1-5pts)
- Nominee shall have made a measureable contribution to the club’s well-being over several years by, among other things, actively recruiting new members or sponsoring new and lasting initiatives to enhance the efficiency of the club’s operations and quality of member’s experience. (1-5pts)
- Nominee shall have repeatedly demonstrated the qualities of good citizenship and leadership in his club activities over the term of his membership by serving in various roles on the Executive or in the running of one or more of the special interest clubs. (1-5pts)
- Annually at the June General Meeting the Chair of the NC, or alternate from the NC if the Chair is not available, shall announce the opening of the solicitation period for CONFIDENTIAL nominations to the Chair of the NC for the awarding of a Life Membership in the club.
- The solicitation period shall last until the July meeting and only be initiated in accordance with the club by laws when there is a vacancy in the allowable Life Membership roster of 2% of the club’s current membership.
- After the members of the NC have reviewed and scored the nominations submitted by the membership, the Chair of the NC or alternate advises members of the MC as to whether a suitable candidate has been found and, if appropriate, submits the nominee along with the background information to the MC for confirmation at the August MC meeting.
- At the August General Meeting following confirmation of a candidate by the MC, the Chair of the NC or alternate nominates through a notice of motion the candidate for ratification or rejection by a vote of the membership at the September Annual General Meeting.
The outgoing President to present the award at the President’s Reception in late September of that year. The NC to arrange for the production of a suitable keepsake memento with wording in recognition of the recipient’s outstanding service to the Probus Club of Oakville. In addition a Certificate will be presented to confer on the honoree a LIFE TIME membership and waive all future annual dues on his behalf. Budget for token of recognition to be determined by the MC but in no event to exceed $250.